(Anybody remember Holly Hobby? Circa 1977!)
Today, April 18, is my birthday, and I thought we’d change it up a bit today at the blog! I want to give you a little glimpse into my life behind the blog…AND…a fabulous giveaway to one of my favorite stores, B.Layne Home! The giveaway is a gift card in the amount of years I’m turning today…38! So one lucky reader will have $38 to spend at B.Layne Home. And don’t worry, Michelle will ship items if you are not local!
Below is just a taste of what B.Layne has to offer…
Dough bowls, Aspen Bay Reserve Candles (amazing!), hand-carved/painted crosses, rustic lanterns, hand-cut frames, pillows, old doors, furniture, and more!
Be sure to enter below and share it with your friends!
I don’t know about you, but now and again, I love getting to know the blogger behind a blog I follow. And I want to assure you that my life is far more than door decorations or recipes. In fact, for weeks, my front doors have been bare, I haven’t cooked in a week, and my house is dirty;). So here are “18 on the 18th” real-life things about me…
- Wife to one, mama to three!
- Arkansas is my home, but Mississippi will always have my heart.
- 9 times out of 10, I would choose Mexican food when eating dinner out.
- I only cook a real, live decent dinner about once a week. Sometimes twice. The truth behind a recipe blog;)
- A relationship with Christ is the only reason I am sane most days.
- Nearly every single thing on the walls of my home has a special meaning or is an original creation by someone I know.
- I am a really good, but not very patient driver. Recently reminded of this as one of my children uttered “idiot” and revealed they heard me say it in the car. Just grand.
- Guilty pleasures-Hot Tamales, Junior Mints, raw cookie dough, Dateline NBC, wine.
- I have a Bachelors of Court Reporting. I didn’t use it a day. Finishing my degree constituted many dark days.
- My dream vacation is Italy with David. We love talking about going there one day.
- I pretty much hate to exercise. Perhaps that will change once all of my children are in school all day and I have more time. As it stands, using my 2 free hours getting sweaty and staying gross all day does nothing for me.
- I LOVE Little League baseball.
- I love Dark Roast Community Coffee.
- I love blogging, the blogging community, relationships built with readers, and the creativity that blogging inspires.
- I treasure family heirlooms, big and small, and love using an item I know was well-loved by someone in the past!
- My recent favorite shows are The Office and Downton Abbey. Always DVR’d.
- I have naturally (very) curly hair.
- I can play the piano. But I rarely do. I should change that.
So there you go…a little about me behind the blog! And the best part of today…the B.Layne Home giveaway below!
-“Like” B.Layne Home on Facebook and let me know you did.
Optional additional entries:
–Subscribe to Amanda Jane Brown by email and leave a comment that you did.
-Share this giveaway and let me know you did!
Giveaway ends Monday at noon, so be sure to check back next week!